St Bernadette's was first opened in 1952 by the Dominican sisters with 24 students from Kindergarten to Grade 3, gradually extending to Grade 7 over the next few years.
During the late 1970s the Southwest Region of Schools was established. St Bernadette's became an R-5 school with guaranteed pathways to Cabra, Marymount and Sacred Heart Colleges.
Following a fire in 2000 which destroyed the original wooden building, a new Administration Centre was built now known as the Dominican Building.
In 2007 the Early Years Classrooms were renovated and in 2010 we completed our Building the Education Revolution Project (BER) when the remaining classrooms were refurbished.. This area now has designated Music, Language and STEM spaces in addition to three class rooms, a Library and Community Room. The classrooms have an extended covered veranda that is used for outdoor learning.
Over the years St Bernadette's has continued to keep pace with emerging educational initiatives and in the near future will undertake an extensive master planning process.